- Kernel 3.17.8 i686. (will offer a version with kernel 4.X... maybe).
- Recompiled almost everything from stable latest sources. (Glibc, GCC, GTK 2 and GTK 3, OpenSSL, JMW, ffmpeg, pango, cairo, etc, etc, etc).
- Python no more included on the devx sfs, instead you can install python 2 and 3 from the "package manager".
- Added custom scripts to install tested software:
-> fpinstall: a really shitty CLI package manage.
- You can install the AMD video drivers from this script (RTFM).
-> dbrowser: to choose an install a tested broser.
- Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Midori, Palemoon (for now).
- New Icons added for every fucking mime type ever, new JWM and GTK themes and i'm TRYING to make a smooth good looking puplet.
- Working to make the boot time faster and "optimizing the init" (by disabling or removing old as fuck kernel modules for old as fuck storage media like fucking floppy and some code fuckery) .
- DRI out of the box, mesa and stuffs.
New GTK Theme for a "better" layout:
just showing off a native linux game:
fpinstall script for "package management" (since PPM has always been useless in frankenpup):
dbrowser to download one precompiled browser without the need of another browser:
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A "RELEASE CANDIDATE", THERE IS STILL A LOT OF WORK TO BE DONE BEFORE I CAN CALL IT "STABLE RELEASE".
DOWNLOAD LINK: obsolete since RC2 release
DEVX PACKAGE: obsolete since RC2 release
bugtracker and "wiki": https://github.com/samedog/frankenpup/issues